Thursday, September 18, 2008


I GOT IN TO THE NATION GEOGRAPHIC DAILY DOZEN!!!!!!! ONE OF THE ACTUAL PHOTO EDITORS AT NATGEO LOOKED AT MY WORK AND OUT OF ALL THE PHOTOS THTA SHE SAW YESTERDAY MINE WAS IN THE TOP 12!!!!1
LINK

heres a screen shot of it on the home page!

It's sort of funny, I got a bad review on this print from Pok Chi last week and he told me to re-shoot and that I wasn't being illustrative... so HA! It's a long shot but I am now being considered to be published in National Geographic... hahahhahahahhah to you Pok!

PS Pok announced that he has given an ultimatum to the higher ups that if they don't eradicate the darkroom and traditional photo program down stairs he is leaving KU. I am not happy at all about this. He claims it is for environmental reasons, granted the darkroom downstairs could turn off the water on more occasions than it does, but he was making a case or darkroom materials polluting the water supply and killing all the fish in the river. My argument back to him is I can guarantee that the chemicals that go in to making lithium batteries and the waste of people throwing them away afterword is much worse. Not to mention the electricity it takes to power all the computers and printers night and day and the waste that goes into making all those digital cameras that are obsolete after two years, all of this is much worse than the dark room downstairs. Also in the conventional world people recycle their old equipment, because even after 25 years it still works, cameras, enlargers ect. I have owned three digital cameras in my life and only one film. I can still use my film camera but I know in about 3 years I will be begging for a new digital.

No comments: